The common cold is an acute upper respiratory infection caused by rhinoviruses. Symptoms include rhinorrhea (runny nose), nasal congestion, sore throat, cough, sneezing, headache and fatigue.
The flu is caused by influenza virus with similar symptoms to cold, but include fever, headache and muscle soreness..
The following natural therapies are known to prevent cold and flu.
1. Wash your hands often
2. Eliminate dairy, sugar and processed food
3. Vitamin C supplementation has antiviral property and improves immune system
4. Zinc lozenges take every 2-4 hours for 14 days during early onset
5. Herbals: echinacea, elderberry, garlic and licorice
6. Steam inhalation with 2-3 drops of echinacea
7. Vapor rub: mix coconut oil, olive oil or almond oil with 2-3 drops of Echinacea and apply to chest and back as needed.
8. Take high potency probiotic daily