Simple Summer Tips Part I
- Hydration is essential for proper body function. So be sure to drink 1/2 ounce of water per pound of body weight. i.e. if your weight is 100 pounds then you must drink 50 ounces of water daily to ensure proper hydration.
- Protect your skin by applying a non-toxic sunscreen- SPF 30 or above, apply 2-3 times per day. My favorite sunscreen is Solar Protective Moisturizer SPF 30+ by Devita Natural Skin Care.
- Plan something NEW & FUN this summer with your friends and family. Try a new park, museum, activity or a hike.
- Perhaps this will be a good time for you to make healthy dietary changes by removing processed food/sugar, dairy & wheat/gluten. Instead substitute foods derived from plants: vegetables, seeds, nuts, fruits and whole grains.
- DO NOT use tanning beds or sprays to tan your body. These are toxic and carcinogenic. Remember to always wear sunscreen when exposed to the sun.
- Spend less time watching TV and more time connecting with the nature.
- Take care of your hygiene and your body.
- HAVE LOTS OF FUN!