Why should you pay attention to sugar intake?
Blood sugar (also known as blood glucose) is the sugar that the bloodstream carries to all cells in the body to supply us with energy. The sugar comes from the food we eat. Your blood sugar levels change throughout the day and are typically at their lowest point before your first meal.
When your blood sugar is balanced you’ll likely feel energized, excited, productive, and sleep well.
When your blood sugar is imbalanced, you are constantly hungry, brain fog, unable to lose weight or keep it off as stress hormones such as cortisol and insulins are unstable, which leads to obesity, diabetes, heart, and brain issues.
Your immune function can be affected by sugar.
As if being sick wasn’t bad enough, studies have shown that sugar can interfere with the way your body fights disease. Bacteria, yeast, and viruses feed on sugar, so excess glucose causes these organisms to build up and cause infections. You must understand that excess use of any kind of sugar will eventually affect blood sugar, so be mindful of how much sugar you use on a daily basis.
1. Erythritol (Excellent for Baking)
Where does erythritol come from?
- Erythritol occurs naturally in fruits and from fermentation
- It is a sugar alcohol
- It does NOT impact blood sugar when eaten a small amount and does NOT cause side effects unless eaten in large doses.
- When taken in large doses nausea is the most common complaint
- Erythritol is very easy on the stomach and doesn’t cause bloating, or gas like some sweeteners do in higher amounts.
- Feeding studies providing up to 0.45 grams per pound (1 gram per kg) of body weight show that it is well tolerated.
Stevia is a natural plant-based sweetener with a sweetness 150 times that of a corresponding amount of sugar.
Other Keto-Friendly Sugar Substitutes:
- Monk Fruit Sweetener
CLICK HERE to watch my video where I teach you exactly how sugar intake affects your health.
Comment #replay when you watch my video so I can hop in there to answer your questions and give you a big shout-out.